Breaking Chains and Not Burning Rubber

BREAKING CHAINS - Freedom: Cycle touring is the greatest way I have found to experience freedom. Whilst I celebrate mine I hope to help others gain and realise theirs, and protect ours, by fundraising for Amnesty International

NOT BURNING RUBBER - Environmental Awareness: Cycling is one of the most efficient and sustainable modes of transport. It's slow speed allows you to become more aware and connected with our surroundings, and therefore the pressures that they may be under. I intent to have a minimal negative impact on the environment whilst I travel, and will share my observations and experiences about my journey, environmental issues, and sustainable living here:

Friday, 2 September 2011

Weight watchers diet

I have been going through my kit desperatly trying to shave off a few kilo and with going out in the city coming to a close (BA been the next night spot) I have dropped a few luxuries;

Jumper
Jeans
Belt
Thick jacket
Wool hat
Elec shaver
Note book
Reading book
Bell
ankle clips
toe pedal clips
2 x socks
Front light
Camera (old)

Hopefully I don´t regret sending my thick Cactus jacket home (sent a few other bits with it). I have also managed to loose my bike mirror (now replaced) and my waterproof leggings, an essential item I have so far not managed to replace. I am also on the hunt for a tarpoline to use as a ground sheet protector.

With all the weight I will be pedalling up the many hills I had hoped to pile on a few pounds from endulging in the fine food and drink of Santiago. Unfortunately I have managed to loose over a kg (
down from 74 to 72.6kgs!) due to a few to many forced visits to the water closet (WC, bog, toilet, restroom. I refuse to call it a bathroom as there is, normally, no bath, sorry yankies ;) ), pedalling around the city, and a bit of a cold (man-flu) which knocked me back last week.
Keeping the weight on me and out of the panniers is going to be a constant battle I feel, a great excuse for stuffing my face though....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment